Chrome crashing system (amd64-10.0-CURRENT)

Evan Martin evan at chromium.org
Thu May 17 15:55:51 UTC 2012

These kinds of hard locks often point at graphics driver problems, but
normally Chrome relies on a driver whitelist that likely doesn't
include any FreeBSD drivers.  Did you perhaps set a flag somewhere to
bypass a blacklist?

You could try some command line flags like
--blacklist-accelerated-compositing
--blacklist-webgl
to see if they help.

(I found those on
http://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/ , not
certain if they do what you need.)

Another idea is to use strace/ktrace/truss into a log file to see what
it was doing around the time of dying.