OpenLDAP 2.4.31 on FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64 broken!

Hartmann, O. ohartman at
Sun May 6 05:57:27 UTC 2012

On 05/06/12 01:55, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On 2012-05-05 17:54, Hartmann, O. wrote:
>> Since Friday, I have on all of our FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64 boxes
>> massive trouble with net/openldap24-server (SASL enabled, so it is
>> openldap-sasl-server).
>> Last time OpenLDAP worked was Thursday last week, when obviously a
>> problematic update to the OS was made
> I managed to reproduce the segfault you are seeing in slapd, which is
> caused by a problem in, introduced in r234947.
> Please apply the attached diff, rebuild lib/libthr and install it, and
> then try your slapd tests again.  Let us know. :)
> @David, can you please review this diff?  It looks like there was a
> mistake merging from Perforce, where you also moved the line:
>                 sc = SC_LOOKUP(wchan);
> to the top of the _sleepq_add() function, just before the call to
> _sleepq_lookup().  If this isn't done, sc may be uninitialized when it
> is dereferenced later on in the function.

Rebuild lib/libthr, installed.

Restarted slapd. slapd(8C) now starts as usual and takes queries.


every client using ldap for authetication is now reporting an error like:

login: pam_ldap: ldap_starttls_s: Connect error

While login on console with LDAP backed users is working although, login
with the very same users on xdm fails (replace login with xdm, the error
is always the same).

I will rebuild a whole system with the patch and report in again, since
I rebuilt only libthr and installed the lib, and rebooted in the first


More information about the freebsd-current mailing list