boot2 overflow when building with clang

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 9 00:16:53 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-07 05:51, Jia-Shiun Li wrote:
> I am not familiar with boot2, but it looks like allocated size for
> boot2 is not enough to hold code generated by clang. Reverting r232570
> fixes it.

Please test the attached diff.  Since it modifies bsd.sys.mk, either run
"make install" in share/mk, or use "make buildenv" before rebuilding
sys/boot/i386/boot2.

It would also be nice if you could test the actual installation of the
bootstrap, and its proper operation.  However, be sure to have some way
of recovering the first 16 sectors of your disk before you do so. :)