flowtable usable or not

Garrett Cooper yanegomi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 16:09:03 UTC 2012

2012/3/2 Julian Elischer <julian at freebsd.org>:
> On 3/2/12 10:21 AM, Doug Barton wrote:
>>
>> On 03/02/2012 03:44, K. Macy wrote:
>
> not sure who wrote:
>>>
>>> Correct. However, I'm not sure the analogy is flawed. I am, to some
>>> degree, guilty of the same sin. I now run Ubuntu and have never had a
>>> single problem keeping my package system up date, in stark contrast to
>>> my experiences of slow and nightmarishly error-ridden port updates.
>
> but I use the PBIs from pcbsd..  you REALLY don't have this problem with
> them.

(Thanks Kip for the heads up on the thread)
    It's well known that software has bugs; unfortunately PCBSD (I
mention this because of PBIs noted above) isn't immune from bugs
either -- they're just manifested in a different way.
    I think everyone here on the CC list has FreeBSD's best intentions
in mind, but let's work together to improve the OS instead of causing
discord with one another. Personally, I think that adding knobs with
sane defaults (and we can debate about that and there will be
disagreement on what is important and what is not) will go a long way
because then people can pick and choose what they want to keep and
what they want to toss as far as OS support is concerned. This is one
of the strong selling points of Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows, etc.
Less effort is required to get greater profit without having to mess
around with things because they fit the generic case as opposed to a
number of niche cases or provide OS features that a user may or may
not use.
Thanks,
-Garrett