[CFT] modular kernel config

Slawa Olhovchenkov slw at zxy.spb.ru
Fri Mar 2 09:23:39 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 10:09:24AM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> Quoting Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw at zxy.spb.ru> (from Thu, 1 Mar 2012
> 18:58:34 +0400):
>
> > On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 02:35:37PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> >
> >> You can download from
> >>    http://www.Leidinger.net/FreeBSD/current-patches/
> >> The files are
> >>    - i386_SMALL
> >>    - i386_SMALL_loader.conf
> >>    - amd64_SMALL
> >>    - amd64_SMALL_loader.conf
> >
> > Where SCSI disk/etc?
>
> CAM and ATA are loaded as modules in the loader.conf (except for two
> SCSI controllers, which are not available as modules). I may have
> missed to load a module, or I may not load in the correct order (which
> would be a bug of missing/wrong dependencies in some modules). I'm
> investigating a corresponding report with error messages.

Not controllers, peripherals: disk/tape/etc

device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required for ATA/SCSI)
device          ch              # SCSI media changers
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          sa              # Sequential Access (tape etc)
device          cd              # CD
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct ATA/SCSI access)
device          ses             # SCSI Environmental Services (and SAF-TE)