revisiting tunables under Safe Mode menu option

Devin Teske devin.teske at fisglobal.com
Thu Mar 1 21:35:29 UTC 2012

Right, making the assumption that FreeBSD's safe mode will do the same thing as
Windows' safe mode is a poor assumption.

As you point out, all those things that Windows safe mode does, FreeBSD does
not.

X11 drivers are not affected by safe mode.

Network is not affected by safe mode.

Services started at boot, are not affected...

So I would welcome discussions involving development of something better (and am
willing to help).
--
Devin