revisiting tunables under Safe Mode menu option

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Thu Mar 1 16:53:03 UTC 2012

On Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:39:21 am Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 01/03/2012 03:34 Devin Teske said the following:
> >
> > +1 on keeping the menu items loosely entwined (ACPI stands alone, but Safe
> > Mode knows about ACPI but only acts on it when being enabled).
>
> Can you explain why?
> +1 for having both menu items and each doing its own thing without any
> entanglement :-)

Yeah, I think at this point we could make safe mode not disable ACPI, but
leave those as independent knobs.  That's simpler to implement and arguably
more intuitive (though having the boot menu now have 'YES/NO' state that
gets updated helps a lot with the UI being easier to understand).

--
John Baldwin