new panic in cpu_reset() with WITNESS

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 21 13:39:03 UTC 2012

on 20/01/2012 17:41 Gleb Smirnoff said the following:

> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 03:02:42PM +0400, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> T>   New panic has been introduced somewhere between
> T> r229851 and r229932, that happens on shutdown if
> T> kernel has WITNESS and doesn't have WITNESS_SKIPSPIN.
>
> I've run through binary search and panic was introduced
> by r229854.

Which means that it was introduced by one of the earlier commits (probably
mine).  Thank you for this investigative work!
Although, to be frank and honest, I still don't see how the problem could be
a non-issue before.

So any help/ideas/guesses are appreciated.

P.S.
I also have a big suspicion that we have more problems that can be triggered by
WITNESS && !WITNESS_SKIPSPIN, but which are harmless in practice.

--
Andriy Gapon