libfftw3.so.5: compile error on port of awesome

Marcelo/Porks marcelorossi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 10:30:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 03:04, Kevin Oberman <kob6558 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Marcelo/Porks <marcelorossi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys, I do not know if this is the correct mail list to report this.
>>
>> I'm trying to compile the port x11-wm/awesome but failed with the error:
>>
>> [ 37%] Building C object CMakeFiles/awesome.dir/common/tokenize.c.o
>> Linking C executable awesome
>> [ 37%] Built target awesome
>> Scanning dependencies of target generated_icons
>> [ 38%] Generating themes/zenburn/titlebar/maximized_normal_active.png
>> Shared object "libfftw3.so.5" not found, required by "convert"*** Error
>> code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/x11-wm/awesome/work/awesome-3.4.11.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> I'm using the head and the workaround of UNAME_r=9.9-CURRENT
>>
>> BARAD-DUR# uname -a
>> FreeBSD BARAD-DUR 9.9-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #6 r230290M: Tue Jan 17
>> 22:22:46 BRST 2012 root at BARAD-DUR:/usr/clang/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
>>  amd64
>> BARAD-DUR# echo $UNAME_r
>> u9.9-CURRENT
>>
>> (GMT-2)
>>
>> I have on my system /usr/local/lib/libfftw3.so.6
>> I can compile making:
>> ln -s /usr/local/lib/libfftw3.so /usr/local/lib/libfftw3.so.5
>>
>> (I know, this is a bad thing to do)
>>
>> Could someone check if on your system the same happen?
>

> Yes, it's risky to do that.
>
> The problem is that some port on your system needs to re-link against
> /usr/local/lib/libfftw3.so.6.
>
> You can find the ports that link to non-existent libs by installing
> sysutils/bsdadminscripts and running pkg_libchk. It will list all
> executables that are linked against non-existent libs. Note that it does
> generate a few false positives. See the man page for details, but none of
> the false positives is likely to show up for libfftw3.
>
> Re-install any port with files linked against libfftw3.so.5. While you are
> at it, fix any other errors found, though you may skip openoffice and Java
> (false positives).

I didn't know about the sysutils/bsdadminscripts:pkg_libchk. It was
really helpful.

The problem was an old version of ImageMagick installed on my system.

Once the ImageMagick's port also failed to compile. I tried to install
the last version of the package at ftp.freebsd.org and so the issue
about libfftw3.so.5 was gone.

Thanks

--
Marcelo Rossi
"This e-mail is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."