atkbc not loaded with ACPI enabled in 9.0

aconnolly08 at yahoo.co.jp aconnolly08 at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Jan 3 04:59:23 UTC 2012

I am running 9.0-RC3 on an Acer Aspire One D255E netbook. I have most of the functionality I want with one major exception, when I enable ACPI my integrated keyboard drivers aren't loaded. Without ACPI I can use my keyboard as atkbdc and atkbd get loaded, (not psm though), but I have problems with shutdown, time settings, power settings and usb controllers.
I have tried various ways of tackling this including:
1. including "nooptions NEW_PCIB" in kernel configuration, rebuilding and installing >> no effect
2a. including "debug.acpi.disabled="pci" " >> can't mount file system2b. including "debug.acpi.disabled="bus" " >> can't mount file system 2c. including "debug.acpi.disabled="children" " >> can't mount file system2d. including "debug.acpi.disabled="hostres" " >> no effect
3. making the edit in r228961, rebuilding the kernel and installing >> no effect
I have the latest bios (v3.x), but it features very few changeable options.
Here's the output of my dmesg -aHere's the output of my devinfo -vrHere's the output of my devinfo -ur
Best regards,Adrian Connolly