problem with keyboard during installation

AN andy at neu.net
Mon Dec 3 04:22:49 UTC 2012

I am trying to install a new system using FreeBSD-10.0-CURRENT-amd64-release.iso.xz (from
https://snapshots.glenbarber.us/Latest/).  I am having a problem with the
keyboard.  I have tried all possible options of US keyboards, and also the
option not to change the keyboard.  The problem specifically is that when I try to change the
amount of space of a partition I am unable to navigate using the arrow keys.

When I try to use the right arrow key to move the cursor, it moves the
cursor to the OK button.  But that is not what I want to do.  I want to
setup the partitions manually, but the keys will not allow me to.

I know there have been a lot of changes to the install code recently,
has anyone else seen this behavior?  I have tried wired and wireless USB
keyboards, I am currently typing this from the wireless keyboard. so I know it works.
There was some discussion concerning this here:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.current/135395

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.