VirtualBox: Eating up 100% CPU, freezing Windows 7

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 4 21:30:31 UTC 2012

On 08/04/2012 14:26, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> On 08/04/2012 00:40, O. Hartmann wrote:
>>> No, also in my case. I build world and the VBox software with each
>>> kernel - usually.
>>
>> You can ensure that by putting this in src.conf:
>>
>> PORTS_MODULES=  emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod
>>
>> You can place other modules in that list as well. I use vbox so you can
>> be pretty confident that this is going to keep working. :)
>
>     That doesn't work

I assure you that it does. I have put a non-zero amount of work into
fixing it, I use this method, and the resulting kernel module works just
fine.

If you actually try it and find something is not as it should be, then
yes; please do file a PR and feel free to cc me.

Doug

--

    I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do
    something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what