compiling world fails with 9.0 and 10.0 from today (28.04)

Erich Dollansky erichfreebsdlist at ovitrap.com
Sat Apr 28 01:25:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

I moved this back to current. See the reason below.

I was a bit confused as I tried to install 9.0 and 10.0 but posted the 9.0 question to the 10.0 list. Here is the 10.0 question.

On Saturday 28 April 2012 06:07:28 David Wolfskill wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:08:22PM +0700, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> >
> > I just downloaded the sources for 9.0 stable and got this error while compiling world:
>
> You posted this to freebsd-current@ ??!?  FreeBSD 9.x hasn't been
> CURRENT since 25 Sep 2011.
>
> Further, I most recently built stable/9 at r234728 -- without issue.

this is what I have gathered from the list and the Internet. It should work but it does not in my case.

Let me first explain what I did. I downloaded the image for the thumb drive for 9.0. I then inserted a brand new disk in my notebook and installed FreeBSD 9.0 on it.

So, the machine running the compilations is:

FreeBSD X220.ovitrap.com 9.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE #0: Tue Jan  3 07:46:30 UTC 2012     root at farrell.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

I downloaded then the most current sources for 9.0 and 10.0 and left the Internet for some reason. During travelling, I tried to compile both kernels and both failed.

FreeBSD 10.0 gives me this error message:

===> kerberos5/tools (obj,depend,all)
===> kerberos5/tools/make-print-version (obj)
cd: /usr/src/kerberos5/tools/make-print-version: No such file or directory
*** [obj] Error code 2

Stop in /usr/src/kerberos5/tools.
*** [build-tools] Error code 1

Where can I find information about 10.0 to enable me to fix this myself?

I have the feeling that I have missed something very simple in the configuration process.

Erich