[Solved] FreeBSD 9-Beta3 on X300 2 problems

Gavin Atkinson gavin.atkinson at ury.york.ac.uk
Tue Sep 27 12:06:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 19:53 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hans,
>
> Why haven't those patches been committed?

This patch is an absolute hack, and shouldn't be committed as it is.

I would, however, appreciate some help in determining the correct
solution.  The solution may well involve not suspending/resuming hpet(4)
or the other timers on the normal DEVICE_SUSPEND()/DEVICE_RESUME() path
but instead doing them as the last thing to be suspended, or it may
instead involve reworking the USB code (and potentially other code) to
not need to sleep during suspend/resume.  I don't know the right
solution, but would really like to work with somebody who does.

Please also see the thread "Choosing between DELAY(useconds) and
pause()" on -current.

Gavin