Experiences with FreeBSD 9.0-BETA2

Arnaud Lacombe lacombar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 22:17:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>> 2) I saw many warnings of lock order reversals under the GENERIC kernel, in
>> particular in the file system code. These obviously should be fixed before
>> release.
>>
> Where did you report them ? [btw, they might already be known.]

FWIW, I've experienced 3 LOR in less than 15min. of usage, I'd assume
all were fs related:

1) during partitioning. I've been unable to retrieve the backtrace.

2) when halting the system, already reported in [0]

3) while `rm -rf /boot/kernel/*.symbols', already reported in [1]

 - Arnaud

[0]: http://ipv4.sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/lor/280.html
[1]: http://ipv4.sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/lor/261.html