9.0 beta2 & the new bsdinstaller

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Sep 14 17:24:00 UTC 2011

On 9/12/2011 9:57 AM, Fbsd8 wrote:
> Here are some problems that I fell need to be addressed in the 9.0
> bsdinstaller.
>
> 7. On the partition editor screen the option <finish> should be the
> first in the list (ie; left most side) so if user accepts this config,
> hitting enter moves to next menu screen instead of having to tab over
> taking more time and effort.

I noticed as well, there is no way to turn off SoftUpdates with
Journaling.

e.g. despite unselecting that option, I ended up with a file system below.

# mount
/dev/ada0p3 on / (ufs, local, journaled soft-updates)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local, multilabel)
/dev/ada0p4 on /usr (ufs, local, journaled soft-updates)
/dev/ada0p5 on /var (ufs, local, journaled soft-updates)

In the partition editor, OK and Options both have the same hotkeys (O).

Also if you change from the suggested partition default, it always wants
to add a boot partition even if there is one already there. e.g. go to
guided, delete / and the swap and add some partitions. When you create a
new / it will say it needs a boot partition, but that already exists and
now there will be two.

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400