SSD - TRIM, SU and SUJ - Installer Options

MySphere at web.de MySphere at web.de
Thu Sep 8 21:51:35 UTC 2011

Hello Nathan,

thanks for your response.

I thought the same, that the options are saved anyway, but in my test
(with BETA2),
if I don't reenter the options menu with my changed and saved values,
the result
anyway are the default values after continued os installation:
# tunefs -p /dev/{SSD-device}
 > tunefs: soft updates: (-n) enabled
 > tunefs: soft updates journaling: (-j) enabled
 > tunefs: trim: (-t) disabled

I definitely have to change that values afterwards in single-user-mode
with:
# tunefs -n disable /dev/{SSD-device}
# tunefs -j disable /dev/{SSD-device}
# tunefs -t enable /dev/{SSD-device}
# sync

Just for completeness.

Thanks in advance for any work and fix enthusiasm!

Best wishes

Moritz