SSD - TRIM, SU and SUJ - Installer Options

MySphere at web.de MySphere at web.de
Thu Sep 8 14:41:40 UTC 2011

Hi there,

first off all I have to say, that your new Installer in FBSD v9.0 is
very well done.
I just found an option, which is not activated at this time. So I wanted
to ask, if it’s possible a bug or something like that.

I’ve tried to change the <Options> in the section Partition Editor with
the subsection Add Partition and wanted to save my changes: Softupdates
= disabled, Softupdates journaling = disabled, TRIM = enabled with the
<OK> button.
But if I reenter the <Options> menu, so my changes will be overwritten
with the default values: SU = enabled, SUJ = enabled ([UFS1 +] TRIM =
disabled).

I’ve tried this without success in FBSD v9.0 BETA1+2 (amd64) with the
ISO- and the IMG Images.

My workaround is, that I run in single-user-mode and change the values
with tunefs.

Would you please check, that <Options> point – if my act is accurate.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Best regards from Germany

Moritz