Compiling BETA2 with clang fails

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Tue Sep 6 13:25:53 UTC 2011

2011/9/6 Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr at gmail.com>:

>>> Nope, my current world was built by gcc.
>>
>> The problem is not the current world but the bootstrap clang built
>> with -march=native (or -march=recent_cpu) on some recent CPUs.
>>
>> What is your processor ?
>
> Athlon XP 2500+
>
> I noticed breakage on recent intel processors too, but haven't yet stumbled
> upon them using -march=native on this one.

Can you compile the Host.cpp file referenced in :
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2011-May/024499.html

And see which arch the resulting binary detects ?

%clang++ Host.cpp -o Host
%./Host
cpu = corei7

Also, do you have the same problem for a clean buildworld with
"-march=athlon-xp" instead of "-march=native" in your make.conf ?

Cheers

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."