Panics after AHCI timeouts

Alexander Kabaev kabaev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 00:58:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:28:07 +0100
"Steven Hartland" <killing at multiplay.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]
I do see timeouts on one of my Samsung ST3750330A disks and they
definitely do not cause any panics. The weird part in my case is that
disk then immediately reappears as online and mirror zpool can be
rebuilt by just onlining the disk with 'zpool online <pool> <disk>'
command.

It seems to be happening once system has accumulated some uptime. If
rebooted, it keeps running for a week or two with no issues, but then
timeouts start to happen more or less reliably every single 24 hours.

--
Alexander Kabaev