Use of newest version number such as 10.0 instead of current

Chuck Burns break19 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 13:05:17 UTC 2011

On Friday, November 11, 2011 07:29:46 AM Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
-(snipped stuff)-

> This is preventing testing and / or using efforts .
>

> I know , it is possible to rename local link names , but
> everyone is not so much knowledgeable .
>

> Thank you very much .
>
> Mehmet Erol Sanliturk

Quite honestly, if someone isn't that knowledgeable, then they probably
shouldn't be running current.  In fact, the handbook even states that. I don't
really see an issue here.  -current is a bleeding edge development release,
that must be built from source, and SHOULD always point to the latest source
code.

If you are using pkg_add -r <pkgname> to install software, on anything but
release versions, you should expect breakage.

If you do not wish to build from source, then you should probably stick to
release versions.

Chuck Burns