/sys/amd64/conf/DEFAULTS

O. Hartmann ohartman at mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Nov 8 14:52:29 UTC 2011

Am 11/08/11 14:31, schrieb Chuck Burns:
> On Tuesday, November 08, 2011 02:12:58 PM Niclas Zeising wrote:
>>  From my understanding of things, the DEFAULTS kernel configuration file
>> is automatically included into the build by config(8). There is no need
>> to include it into the generic using the "include" statement. It was
>> first added 6 years ago, on October 27 2005.
>> Regards!
>
> Not sure if you already know this, or not but another thing to keep in mind,
> if a module is not mentioned, or is commented out, then it will still be
> built, just not included into the monolithic kernel.
>
> If you were already aware of this, then my apologies.
>
> Chuck

Hello.

well, I'm aware of that, but it doesn't matter. As long as I do not use
a broken or commented out module, it is all right.

I was a little bit surprised having options already set I never set in
the usual config file named after the host's name or GENERIC.

And for FBSD 10.0/amd64, it has been started to use a VFS-option for

Regards,
Oliver