Increase the degree of interactivity ULE scheduler

Ivan Klymenko fidaj at ukr.net
Fri Nov 4 11:16:02 UTC 2011

В Thu, 3 Nov 2011 11:22:28 -1000 (HST)
Jeff Roberson <jroberson at jroberson.net> пишет:

> When the x server is down at 20% is it laggy?

In different ways, but basically - yes.
Sometimes appear in Xorg.0.log messages like:
"[mi] EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an infinite loop."
When I run a lot of programs is beginning to actively use swap,
although i have 4G RAM on my system and if use 4BSD or FBFS this does
not happen...

> Can you tell me the priorities of the x server and the compile tasks?

cc1: PRI 74-86 (4 processes)
X: PRI 20-74 (mainly 74 at high load CPU) WCPU: 0.98%-6.98%

> You can use the 'pri' keyword with ps and write a short script to log
> all priorities once per second during your test.

Yes.
ps ax|grep X
 2786  -  S     3:31,13 /usr/local/bin/X :0 -br -verbose
-auth /var/run/gdm/auth-for-gdm-cqiXfH/database -nolisten tcp (Xorg)

I use script
#!/bin/sh

while [ 1 -lt 2 ]
do
#ps -p 2786 -uo pri >> pri_test.log
ps -p 2786 -o pri >> pri_test.log
sleep 1
done

log file pri_test.log as an attachment...

> That would be most helpful.
> Let me know if you need assistance with that.

Thanks!