WITHOUT_JAIL and make delete-old{,-libs}

Alexander Best arundel at freebsd.org
Sun Mar 20 10:18:56 UTC 2011

On Sun Mar 20 11, David Demelier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was surprised to see there is no ${MK_JAIL} conditional to remove old
> files on 8.2-RELEASE so I started to write it without watching if
> -CURRENT already make it in
> /usr/src/tools/build/mk/OptionalObsoleteFiles.inc.

i think it's best to post any OptionalObsoleteFiles.inc related additions as
problem reports.
i've also added quite a lot of files for not yet implemented WITHOUT_* knobs
and sent them to freebsd-{current,hackers}, but nobody was willing to commit
my patches. my experience so far has been:

- for patches that fix bugs, it's better to send these to the mailinglists
- for patches that implement any new functionality the problem report database
  is better suited and chances are much higher your patch will get picked up by
  somebody with commit rights

cheers.
alex

--