missing files in readdir(3) on NFS export of ZFS volume (since v28?)

Chris Forgeron cforgeron at acsi.ca
Tue Mar 8 20:01:56 UTC 2011

Interesting - I'm having the same problem, but I thought it was due to some tweaking I was doing to NFS to force it into async mode from a ESX mount, and to remove the last of giant_lock. Now that someone else is having the same problem, maybe it's not my tweaks.

I've found that if I create a new folder, and copy the files into that folder, it often fixes it. Sometimes I need to make the folder via NFS for this to work. I just did it twice today in fact.

I see that r219404 fixed it for him - What was the change in r219404 that made the difference here? I guess I could go diff the code to find out.. :-)