About "panic: bufwrite: buffer is not busy???"

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 19:59:31 UTC 2011

Not sure if the CC: line needs to be trimmed, leaving it as is for now.

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 7:46 AM, Jeremy Chadwick
<freebsd at jdc.parodius.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 10:30:52AM -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>> On 2/20/2011 9:33 AM, Andrey Smagin wrote:
>> > On week -current I have same problem, my box paniced every 2-15 min. I resolve problem by next steps - unplug network connectors from 2 intel em (82574L) cards. I think last time that mpd5 related panic, but mpd5 work with another re interface interated on MB. I think it may be em related panic, or em+mpd5.
>>
>> The latest panic I saw didnt have anything to do with em.  Are you sure
>> your crashes are because of the nic drive ?
>
> Not to mention, the error string the OP provided (see Subject) is only
> contained in one file: sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_vfsops.c, function
> ffs_bufwrite().  So, that would be some kind of weird filesystem-related
> issue, not NIC-specific.  I have no idea how to debug said problem.

I can semi-reliably reproduce this panic message on a 9-CURRENT box,
with sources from March 7.

On this box, it happens every other time I start hastd.

hastd creates the 12 GEOM providers used to create a ZFS pool.  A
simple "service hastd onestart" will generate the panic.

Is there any extra info that needed to help track this down?

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com