r219385 build error.

Martin Matuska mm at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 8 00:15:48 UTC 2011

This change did NOT add SSSE3 or any other new instruction sets to our
base compiler.

The only change of using -march=core2 vs -march=nocona is actually
different instruction costs that may result
in binaries more optimized for your core2 and later CPUs (and less
optimized for nocona and earlier CPUs - but they will run there if the
CPU supports sse3).

We support newer instruction sets for base compiling starting with the
latest base binutils upgrade and
that is available only in CURRENT.

I might take a look at the possibility of backporting SSSE3, but that is
a way more intrusive change than this one. I will also run some more
benchmarks.