OFDM kernel (Re: can somebody explains OFDM in FreeBSD?)

Etienne Robillard erob at gthcfoundation.org
Sun Mar 6 18:17:54 UTC 2011

On 06/03/11 12:46 PM, Etienne Robillard wrote:
> On 06/03/11 12:36 PM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 06 March 2011 18:19:31 Etienne Robillard wrote:
>>

>>> On 06/03/11 11:58 AM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>>>

>>> yes, the difference with 'software OFDM' and hardware OFDM - as in
>>> run(4) - is the latter
>>> exploits 'objects' and 'peoples' as subcarriers units with
>>> "bi-directional data" when
>>> software OFDM could be used to securely convert the raw ELF/VLF energy
>>> input to
>>> a external server (the Power Server)..
>>>
>>> could then this not require a security advisory for hardware OFDM devices
>>> circulating in the wild to boost 802.11 'speeds' and 'ranges' ?
>>>

>> Hi Etienne,
>>
>> I think you are reading too much into too little and that further discussion
>> into the details you suggest is not appropriate for this list. I believe that
>> developers on the -current list are serious people, wanting to remove problems
>> in this world rather than create them. Exploits are possible when the
>> developers are not given enough time to research good solutions. Maybe you
>> want to support FreeBSD developers by donating some money via the FreeBSD
>> foundation, so that we can do a better job, removing your fears of software
>> exploits in interaction with humans :-)
>>
>> --HPS
>>
>> BTW: Our slogan is "The power to serve" and not "the power server" :-)
>>

> you must be kidding? this kind of security exploits should be not regarded
> as friendly. However I'd like to see a FreeBSD based OFDM kernel to
> allow conveying
> ELF/VLF input stream to things like 'electricity'...
>
> Freebsd: the power to serve the world with free electricity! Isn't that
> ironic? ;-)

The more I let myself thinking about this possibility the more obvious
it becomes. Sure I would like to see this project adopted by the FreeBSD
foundation
so that it becomes officialy supported in FreeBSD! :-)

Any takers?

Best,

--
Etienne Robillard

Company: Green Tea Hackers Club
Occupation: Software Developer (and CEO)
E-mail:     erob at gthcfoundation.org
Work phone: 450-936-2123
Website (Company):  https://gthc.org/
Website (Blog):     https://gthc.org/blog/
PGP public key fingerprint:    F2A9 32EA 8E7C 460F 1728  A1A7 649C 7F17 A086 DDEC

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy