can somebody explains OFDM in FreeBSD?

Etienne Robillard erob at gthcfoundation.org
Sun Mar 6 16:12:03 UTC 2011

I'm no expert in Wifi or in FFT so I'm forwarding your reply to the list
hoping
someone with experience with FFT could share lights on OFDM uses of
FFT functions below the 30khz range... In other words could FreeBSD be
used to control the
electromagnetic energy input from out-of-band VLF/ELF waves ?

Thanks,

On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 10:38:30AM -0500, Etienne Robillard wrote:
> my best bet is that VLF/ELF frequencies are using FFT (Fast Fourier
> Transform) algorithm to increase compression ratio of WLAN devices

No. FFT has nothing to do with this.
FFT is a mathematical transform. Nothing more, nothing less.

> your post mentioned ELF/VLF radiation, thats electromagnetic waves the
> frequency range below 30kHz.
>
> How should a modulation scheme (OFDM) used in the 2.4/5GHz range be
> related to radiation in such a low frequency band?

It is not.

A modulation scheme can be used at any frequency. Nothing to do with the
frequency itself.

- Diane
--
- db at FreeBSD.org db at db.net http://www.db.net/~db