AX88772A AX88772B chipset differences?

YongHyeon PYUN pyunyh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 17:20:10 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 02:44:48PM +0400, Andrey Smagin wrote:
> I have card based on AX88772B. I tried patch axe driver for vendor and device IDs. card detected, set up link, but no data received. What else need for patch in  this driver ? Anybody have datasheet ?

ASIX requires a login account to get the data sheet so it's not
publicly available to open source developers.
AFAIK the difference between AX88772A and AX88772B is IPv4/IPv6
checksum offloading support of AX88772B. The introduction of
checksum offloading means they might have changed its RX header
format which in turn makes current RX handler to not work.  The
other difference would be more advanced power saving used in
AX8877B but it wouldn't be much difference to axe(4) driver once
PHY is correctly woken in initialization phase.
Could you show me your diff and verbose boot output to know PHY
model and EEPROM data?