[Testing wanted] USB patch for HAL

Greg Rivers gcr+freebsd-current at tharned.org
Sun Jun 26 16:35:24 UTC 2011

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Sunday 26 June 2011 09:27:22 Greg Rivers wrote:
>> With this change, the USB bus continued to operate as expected while
>> attaching and detaching a USB flash drive.  On start up, hald was not
>> detecting the attach/detach events, but started working and kept working
>> after restarting it.  In summary, with both of the above changes,
>> everything worked pretty much correctly.
>
> Try this patch to hald:
>
> cd /usr/ports/sysutils/hal/files
> fetch http://hselasky.homeunix.org:8192/patch-hald_freebsd_hf-usb2.c
>
> cd ..
> make all deinstall install clean

With this patch, and the CAM patches still in place, the USB bus works
fine, but hald never sees any attach/detach events, even after restarting
it.

I reverted the CAM patches and tested again with the same result.  So this
patch to hald does stop the CAM sg errors, and prevents the USB from
wedging.  It just doesn't detect attach events.

--
Greg Rivers