Exactly that commit (was Re: Latest -current 100% hang at the late boot stage)

Andrey Chernov ache at FreeBSD.ORG
Mon Jun 20 07:02:25 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 08:15:43PM -0600, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> On 6/19/11 6:19 PM, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> > Exactly that commit is responsible for boot hang.
> > Please fix.
> > BTW, I have MBR on SATA disk (CAM emulated), ICH9.
>
> Since it works for me, you'll need to provide more information.  Can you
> at least drop into kdb to determine the likely source of the hang by
> getting a stack trace of all processes to see where they are sleeping
> and dumping lock information?

I drop into DDB and put 'bt' console photo in the very first message of
this thread - nothing unusual seen in the main stack. Could you please
specify exact DDB commands you want to be issued by me? No dump can be
provided since nothing is mounted yet including swap,

BTW, I remember I saw previously unseen warnings with post Jun 14 kernels:
"xpt_action_default: CCB type 0xe not supported"

'ps' inside DDB shows [xpt_thrd] at "ccb_scan" wmesg state and [g_event]
at "caplck" wmesg state, [kernel] at "g_waitid" state.
Even don't know, if it matters.

--
http://ache.vniz.net/