8-STABLE /usr/include/utmp.h and tmpx

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 00:28:48 UTC 2011

Some time in the last 2 weeks (I am sure when) a commit caused many
ports that assume a "standard" utmp/utmp.x to break for example
x11-toolkits/vte produces:

gnome-pty-helper.c:497: warning: passing argument 4 of 'pty_add'
discards qualifiers from pointer target type
mv -f .deps/gnome-pty-helper.Tpo .deps/gnome-pty-helper.Po
cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.   -I/usr/local/include  -O2 -pipe
-march=prescott -fno-strict-aliasing -MT gnome-utmp.o -MD -MP -MF
.deps/gnome-utmp.Tpo -c -o gnome-utmp.o gnome-utmp.c
gnome-utmp.c: In function 'write_login_record':
gnome-utmp.c:367: warning: passing argument 1 of 'login' from
incompatible pointer type
gnome-utmp.c:374: error: 'struct utmpx' has no member named 'ut_name'

This is not the only port that has the issue but it is the only one I
remember off the top of my head (I manually fixed a few others)