HEADS UP: Merge of binutils 2.17

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 9 20:24:20 UTC 2011

Erik Cederstrand píše v ne 09. 01. 2011 v 00:10 +0100:

> I was pretty sure I couldn't improve anything with 5 minutes of
> thinking. I'm glad the most obvious things have already been done, and
> I'm sure you and others have put a lot of effort into this. My
> question was more what, if anything, can be done to speed up the
> cluster.

Performance and numbers of build nodes is okay. What we really need here
is faster, more robust scheduling infrastructure (master node software),
linimon@ is working hard on this task.

> Also, how long does it take to complete an exp-run on the cluster?

If everything goes smoothly, 20 hours wall time.

Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>
Do not meddle in the fashions of wizards, for they are seasonal and
quick to fall out of style!