Well, there goes Windows!

Michal Varga varga.michal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 00:05:18 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 16:24 -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> So, I used the bsdinstaller again on the 9.0-BETA1 media with manual
> partitioning. The HP desktop ate up 3 partitions, I inconveniently
> forgot that geom can't grok secondary PC MBR partitions, was fooling
> around and cleared the partitions, etc. I hit abort to exit the
> partitioner start and from scratch and now my Windows partitions and
> recovery partitions are gone.

Well, there's "gone" and there's really "gone" (but obviously, this is
not a pleasant situation in any case).

Just as a quick reminder for anyone who might not know (as this happens
regularly) - sysutils/testdisk should be able to recover those cleared
partitions pretty easily and put them back in place.

m.

--
Michal Varga,
Stonehenge (Gmail account)