High Network Perfomance

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 5 15:34:58 UTC 2011

on 05/08/2011 18:23 Vlad Galu said the following:
> Netmap's scope may be narrow, but it's a great alternative to
> proprietary implementations that are provided by only a handful of
> vendors and tied to their hardware. I don't think Luigi foresees lots
> of users either, but having it in the base system is a lot better than
> not having it at all, IMHO.

No doubt.

On the other hand, it was a little bit misleading of Luigi to suggest netmap to a
user who merely asked about tuning FreeBSD network (routing/firewall) performance :-)

netmap can no doubt be useful, but perhaps let's not overhype it before it
actually proves itself on practical tasks.  Or has it already?  I might have
missed that.

--
Andriy Gapon