resolvconf script overwrites entries in resolv.conf - RDNSS/DNSSL related

Mattia Rossi mrossi at swin.edu.au
Fri Aug 5 06:47:43 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've finally patched my 8.2 IPv6 gateway with the RDNSS/DNSSL patches
and I'm distributing DNS servers that way now. Works fine, my box
running CURRENT picks up the DNS servers and search domains and writes
them into /etc/resolv.conf using the resolvconf script.

The script anyhow overwrites my previous manual entries in
/etc/resolv.conf which I need for my manual IPv4 setup...

I think it's an easily fixable bug - haven't looked into it that close
atm., but given that the resolvconf script is going to be
rewritten/enhanced anyways, that's something to keep in mind.
I think that manual entries should always be preferred.

Mat