make release

Nathan Whitehorn nwhitehorn at freebsd.org
Tue Apr 12 15:14:30 UTC 2011

On 04/12/11 10:02, George Kontostanos wrote:
> I am trying to make a release with the following arguments:
>
> make release CHROOTDIR=/usr/home/current BUILDNAME=9-CURRENT
> EXTSRCDIR=/usr/src NOPORTS=YES MAKE_ISOS=YES
>
> however /usr/home/current is being ignored completely and everything ends up
> in /usr/obj/usr/src. Am I doing something wrong ?

Following switching the default installer away from sysinstall, make
release works differently now (see release(7), which has been updated to
reflect the new release-building process). The closest analog to the
command above (though you may want to do something different) is:
cd /usr/src/release
./generate-release.sh head /usr/home/current
-Nathan