multiple issues with devstat_*(9)

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 11 11:45:37 UTC 2011

On 11.04.2011 12:34, Alexander Best wrote:
> On Mon Apr 11 11, Alexander Motin wrote:
>> Alexander Best wrote:

>>> thanks for the hint. i also read the following in the ahci(4) man page:
>>>
>>> "     Driver features include support for Serial ATA and ATAPI devices, ..."
>>>
>>> ...does that mean that my DVD drive can also attach to the ahci driver?
>>
>> If it is SATA and you connect it to AHCI controller -- yes, it will work
>> with ahci(4) controller driver.
>
> no it's PATA. thanks for the help. i'll remove atapicam from my kernel conf
> and add ATA_CAM.
>
> maybe we could have a list of supported controllers in the ahci(4) man page.

We could do it (you can find list of known inside ahci.c), but unlike
others, AHCI is an open specification, so that list will never be
complete. Also on some chipsets AHCI support also depends on BIOS, so
specification of just a chipset revisions can be inaccurate.

> will the ataahci driver also dissapear soon?

Yes, at least disabled. Same as most part of the atasiliconimage and the
atamarvell.

--
Alexander Motin