Rollout plan for new version of man/manpath/whatis/apropos
gordon at tetlows.org
Wed Sep 22 05:12:53 UTC 2010
I'm to the point where I'm ready to the commit the code, but I wanted
to layout a plan for the conversion and ask for input to make sure I
didn't miss anything.
1. Commit the code located at
http://people.freebsd.org/~gordon/man.shar into src/usr.bin/man
(pending mentor review).
2. Unhook src/gnu/usr.bin/man from the build.
3. Unhook src/etc/manpath.config from the build (in src/etc/Makefile).
4. Add entry to src/ObsoleteFiles.inc to remove etc/manpath.config.
5. Hook src/usr.bin/man to the build.
6. Alter src/etc/mtree/BSD.local.mtree to include an entry for
7. Add entry into src/UPDATING about the change over deprecating
8. Bump __FreeBSD_version in src/sys/sys/param.h
9. Document version bump in doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.sgml
10. Contact following ports owners to use new include system rather
than manipulating /etc/manpath.config directly:
11. Contact following ports owners to use new include system rather
than displaying a message in pkg-message:
12. Contact following ports owners to change their scripts as needed
to accommodate the fact there isn't a manpath.config anymore:
I think that's everything. Am I missing anything?
More information about the freebsd-current