SUJ and "mount" reporting

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Mon May 31 00:30:08 UTC 2010

On Mon, 31 May 2010, Ivan Voras wrote:

> Shouldn't SU+J be visible in the output of "mount" somehow? I've just enabled
> it on a root file system of a machine and while tunefs and dumpfs report both
> soft-updates and SUJ are enabled (after reboot), the "mount" command only
> shows "soft-updates". Alternative question: how to verify is it active on a
> live file system?
>
> (running CURRENT from a few hours ago, kernel&world synced)

As previously stated - this is a hack to do what I think you are
asking for:
http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/20100309-03-mount.diff

Using tunefs, etc. for now would be better.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb      I will let you know once I escaped from my bird cage
and learnt to fly again.            -- Ottawa, ON, Canada, 21st May 2010