igb broken? Unexplained weirdness with intel 82576 nics on a supermicro board.

joe joe at hostedcontent.com
Sat May 8 13:59:18 UTC 2010

On 05/08/2010 06:55 AM, Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> joe wrote:
>>       I have just tried your suggeston and it has no effect for me ;(
>
> Do you have another brand of NIC that you can try?  At least that
> will isolate whether it's igb(4) or something else.
>
> Ian
>
> --
> Ian Freislich

I will grab a new nic today and try...my options are limited though.
Here are the nics i can get my hands on

TP-LINK TL-TG3468, 10/100/1000Mbps PCIe Adapter (supported by fbsd?)
Intel (EXPI9301CT) Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter (yet another intel nic)

These are the only two nics the local computer store has in stock.
Anyone know if the TP LINK is supported? I couldnt find anything to
suggest it is on google.