SUJ update

Mon May 3 12:04:49 UTC 2010

Quoting sthaug at nethelp.no (from Sun, 02 May 2010 07:38:57 +0200 (CEST)):

>> > When you disable journaling it also disables soft-updates.  You need to
>> > re-enable it.  I could decouple this.  It's hard to say which is the POLA.
>>
>> I would vote for decoupling. If I have SU on, then enable journaling,
>> then disable journaling, I would expect SU to still be on.
>
> Fully agreed. I see no reason why these sould be coupled.

It does not look like it is a prerequisite to have SU enabled when you
want to enable SUJ. So I assume SUJ implies SU, and as such I think
you can agree that it is not easy to determine at disable time of SUJ,
if the FS was SU before or not.

There may be not much people which run UFS without SU, but for those
which do, I'm sure it would be a surprise if they disable SUJ and do
not get back to plain UFS without SU.

So whatever the consensus is (disabling SUJ does or dosn't enable SU),
the man page needs to tell what it does.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Why you say you no bunny rabbit when you have little powder-puff tail?
		-- The Tasmanian Devil