r209240 ia64 -> buildworld -> undefined reference to `lzma_physmem'

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Jun 21 15:46:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 11:24:52AM -0400, jhell wrote:
> On 06/21/2010 10:45, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> > jhell <jhell at dataix.net> writes:
> >> cd /usr/src/include && make obj && make depend && make all && make install
> >
> > wrong.
> >
> > % cd /usr/src
> > % make obj
> > % make cleandepend
> > % make depend
> > % make buildincludes
> > % make installincludes
> >
> > DES
>
> Sure, the only difference here is you just seem to have added
> cleandepend for extra added surety but is unneeded if the obj directory
> is assumed empty.
>
> buildincludes covered by a simple make, I don't even know why I decided
> to mention the all target since thats what it makes by default. I sure
> hope the make system was designed to cover that target under all because
> that would be a shame if it didn't ;).
>
> installincludes ,,,,mmmmmm really ?
>
> Before install, after install and in the obj directories during the
> build process there is no difference. Can you point them out ?
>
> And yes Ive checked them.
>
> Anyhoo this subject is three days old and did not hear anything back, I
> would say that it probably solved his problem unless you would say he
> probably crashed and could not reply. ;)

well.. I was busy with other things over the week-end.
No, I haven't solved this problem yet.

I've 3 ia64 boxes, this problem only occured on one of those.
I did

# cd /usr/src
# rm -rf /usr/obj/*
# svn up
# svn diff

The last command did not show any differences.
I can't understand how I can have problems with
unupdated headers..

many thanks
anton

--