How to disable CLANG & co build in buildworld?

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Fri Jun 11 22:52:59 UTC 2010

Hi Dag-Erling,

* Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> wrote:
> However, we never install tblgen, and that is a problem, because it
> means we can't "make" in /usr/src/lib/clang - the only way to build
> clang is with make toolchain, make buildworld or make buildenv, which is
> ridiculous.  All it takes is this simple patch:

Well, I've been thinking about this as well, but keep in mind that
tblgen really has no use by itself and strongly depends on the version
of your source tree. Even if we backport a tiny patch from the Clang
repository, we cannot trust tblgen to do the right thing anymore.

Do we really want to install an application like tblgen? Even though I
think it's a pity you can't simply run `make' to build Clang, I think we
might run into interesting problems by the time we update Clang or
backport changes.

Greetings,
--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>