Our aging base system krb5 [heimdal]

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Sun Jun 6 19:32:41 UTC 2010

> (And yes, this is a bit of an irony considering that I used to be the
> maintainer of the base-system Kerberos code in the long-ago krb4
> days.  But my job requires me to administer MIT Kerberos, so I need
> the MIT kadmin utility and not the Heimdal one.)

Aren't the reasons for the Heimdal distribution moot these days?

Beyond that, Free is one of the few UNIXen I cannot talk to (or from!)
using Kerberos for things like SSH, rlogin, rdist, etc. We're woefully
behind Solaris, Linux, even Windows, when it comes to integrated GSSAPI/K5
SSO authentication.

--lyndon