'buildworld' not always pulling in /etc/src.conf

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 5 01:09:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, Freddie Cash wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> ports-mgmt/portconf.
>
> portconf has horrible syntax, compared to make.conf/src.conf, at least
> last I tried to use it (when it first came out).  And this is geared
> more toward per-port configuration settings.  ports.conf would be for
> global settings for the whole ports tree, stuff that affects multiple
> ports.  Things like WITH{OUT}_X11, WITH{OUT}_GNOME, CPUTYPE, perl
> version info, selecting a default python version, etc.
>
> Of course, if it's grown those features (global ports settings), then
> this whole discussion is moot, as one can just ignore make.conf, and
> use src.conf/portconf config file.

portconf ties itself into make.conf.

It does have global port settings and basically anything that can handle
a glob.  For a partial example:
*:      PYTHON_DEFAULT_VERSION=python2.6              |\
         SRC_BASE=/usr/FreeBSD/branches/stable/8/src   |\
         SYSDIR=/usr/FreeBSD/branches/stable/8/src/sys |\
         WITH_NVIDIA_GL

java/eclipse*: WITH_GECKO=xulrunner

mail/*pine*: WITH_ISPELL  |\
              WITH_LDAP    |\
              WITHOUT_PICO

multimedia/mkvtoolnix: WITHOUT_WXGTK=yes

pear*: WITH_CTYPE

OK.  Some of the examples are old (i.e., java/eclipse and
WITH_GECKO=xulrunner), but you get the idea.

Sean
--
scf at FreeBSD.org