'buildworld' not always pulling in /etc/src.conf

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 4 19:33:22 UTC 2010

>Wouldn't it be great, if /etc/make.conf disappeared completely?
>
>To be replaced by /etc/src.conf for buildworld/kernel stuff.
>
>And /etc/ports.conf for ports building stuff.

Er, and replaced by what for using make on the many things that are
neither in the base system, nor in FreeBSD Ports?  The world of
software is a big place.

>With no linkage of any kind between the two, with all the "magic" hidden in
>/usr/ports/Mk and /usr/share/Mk.
>
>Maybe I'm dreaming, but wouldn't it make things a lot simpler in the long
>run?

Just because you have a make.conf, doesn't mean that you can't have a
ports.conf, or that you must continue to use src.conf in the way that
it is used now.

b.