[INFO]: import of clang/LLVM to happen on June 9th

Andrius Morkūnas hinokind at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 18:28:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 20:52:32 +0300, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm not talking about compiling ports with clang
> (which I also look forward to someday) I'm talking about installing a
> version of gcc from ports and using that to compile all the other ports.

I'm even more confused now. What does that have to do with clang import?

And I guess I wasn't too clear myself. I was talking about "setting ports
compiler to whatever you want", not "compiling ports with clang". I guess
PortsAndClang page would only explain how to change the compiler to clang,
but there's already a tutorial about changing ports compiler to newer
version of gcc[1].

So what am I missing here?

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/custom-gcc/configuring-ports-gcc.html

--