[TESTING]: ClangBSD branch needs testing before the import to HEAD

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 4 08:13:56 UTC 2010

Mark Linimon wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 12:18:41PM +0200, Alban Hertroys wrote:
>> Compiler bugs in gcc are probably just as hard to find as compiler bugs
>> in clang
>
>There are two types of compiler bug: a) bug that produces bad code; b)
>bug that makes the compiler crash.

Let's remember that the entire toolchain is important here, and not
just the compiler.  Some of the problems can be attributed to our old
binutils.

>For comparison, bitrot that is probably due to older ports not keeping
>up with compiler changes is at:
>
>http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portsconcordanceforbuilderror.py?build_error=gcc4_error

How did you obtain "gcc4-errors"?

We're not alone here: some major GNU/Linux distributions, NetBSD, and
DragonFlyBSD are using newer versions of binutils and/or gcc, so we
can look at their patches and error logs to fix some problems.

b.